Respiratory Therapy

Hello, my name is Vicgra , I am a student at the Cégep of Sherbrooke. I am in the respiratory therapy program. This program is about helping patients breathe. We learn about oxygenation, how the equipment works, and ventilation, for example. We give oxygen treatments to patients and we monitor them. So we follow up with patients and their monitoring and everything.We also help clear the airways when they are blocked or compressed by secretions or during an asthma attack, for example. I chose this program because I have always dreamed of working in hospitals. I was hesitating between nursing and this or other programs, but I chose this one because it seemed more complex. The name also seemed more rare and less known, so I told myself that not many people know about it. So I wanted to be a bit different.When I finish my studies, I would really like to work in hospitals, but I also see myself working in the army, it is a possibility. I also see myself going back to school to study at the University of Sherbrooke or maybe another university, I am not sure.Why the army? Because I would also like to discover the world. I like discovering new things, and I have not traveled much. Being in medicine could also allow me to travel and help others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Medical Terms

Career Summary